Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A HUGE lesson in faith...

As most of you already know, I was recently laid off from my job due to the slowing economy. Most of the time, I know this is God's way of forcing me out of the comfort zone of a regular paycheck to pursue my dream of a career in photography, something I may have only talked about but never seriously pursued as long as I had a regular job. But every now and then I get really nervous, like when I hear on the news that only 1 in 45 applicants to retail positions will get hired this Christmas season (I have only applied to 5 places; does that mean I need 40 more for a guarenteed job?), and the constant knowledge that my severence payments will stop in exactly 45 days (not that I am counting, or anything). It is only when I see my nervousness for what it really is, an attack against my faith in God's promises, that I am able to return to a state of calm amidst the storm of uncertainty.

Most people wouldn't post all this craziness until they can tangibly see God coming through for them. But I have been assured by Him these last few days that He knows my needs and will take care of me. So even though I have no earthly assurance of having a job when I need one, I am posting with the certainty that in God's perfect timing, I will be able to pass along the knowledge that I have a source of income that will cover my expenses. God hasn't promised me riches, but He has said He will take care of me, and I choose to have faith and ignore those niggling little nervous moments that attempt to destroy my faith.

1 comment:

evie said...

I've been thinking about you a lot recently. Any updates on the job hunt?