Monday, August 11, 2008

Camping Fun

I went camping this past weekend, which was a lot of fun, in addition to being a learning experience. Here are a few things that I now know:


•Never hike on a trail that is shared with horses
•Ex-flooded areas of Missouri still smell like dead fish
•My camping buddy Val is extremely patient when I take 100 photos of the same thing
•Barges must go through locks and dams in pieces
*The No Stealing Camping Code apparently does not apply to marshmellows, graham crackers and chocolate
*Do not leave marshmellows, graham crackers, and chocolate on the picnic table while you walk to the bathroom
•No matter which campsite you pick, you will inevitably be surrounded by campers who disobey park rangers so many times that the cops must be called to the scene
•There is a man just outside of Troy who sits on his lawn selling pocket knives (in case you are in the market)
•It is in fact possible to be almost killed by a speeding house
*Picking the most gorgeous weekend of the entire summer for your camping trip more than makes up for fishy smells, horse trails, stolen S'mores, obnoxious campers, and speeding houses.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures are looking awesome and I love your new website.
There - I did it - I reached my Erica compliment quota in one fell swoop :)

Tempest816 said...

Thanks, I know that was difficult for you :-)

evie said...

your pictures are awesome! and how freakin' cool is it that you are a published writer? SWEET!

want to come over to watch Troy sometime soon? when is good for you? i'm pretty open.