Monday, August 20, 2007

I Don’t Choose Which Things Bug Me…

…but I do seem to have a rather long list. Here are just a few examples:

§ People who can’t perform basic functions in Microsoft Excel or Word
§ The voice of local radio show host Cornbread
§ Waiting in the “10 items or less” line behind some lady who is checking out her month’s worth of groceries
§ Skinny girls who wear clothes three sizes too big
§ Sunday drivers
§ Terrible books that make it to the New York Times best seller list
§ “Campers” who can’t leave home without their 200 foot RVs, tvs, air-conditioning, DVD players, and satellite dishes
§ “No right turn on red” signs
§ Green beans
§ Paying property tax at Christmas time

And not to seem too negative, I wrote down some things to think about when I am feeling irritated at people and life in general.

Things That Do Not Bug Me (And That I, In Fact, Love)
§ Self checkout lanes
§ The fast response time of my landlord when the AC breaks on the hottest day of the year
§ I-tunes
§ Co-workers who bring me food (you know who you are)
§ Autumn leaves and Starbucks chai
§ My cat curling up next to me in bed every morning
§ A library filled with books that do not suck
§ The friendly greeter at Wal-Mart
§ Down comforters
§ Friends, family, and a God who loves me despite my rather long list of things that bug me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here! here! on the cornbread host voice